Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Day


We were able to stay home all of Christmas day. It was nice not to have to run around to a bunch of places and just have a quiet time with our boys at home. We got up at 8:00 and we had to wake up Tyler so we could get going. Santa came the night before, so we had lots of presents under our tree. We were able to have Randy's parents join us from Iceland via Skype which was really fun. They just watched our whole christmas morning and they boys showed them there new presents on the web cam. It was an interesting way to have them there. I was also able to listen in to my brother Ben's phone call home from his mission through skype. I just sat and listened while they had him on speaker phone. It was nice to hear his voice. The funny thing was, was Tyler and Jacob were so excited that I bought chocolate milk for breakfast. They absolutely loved it. When I asked Tyler why we celebrate Christmas, he said "because of Santa" that was sad b/c we have been doing an advent calendar and reading scriptures every night this month to talk about the true meaning of Christmas and even the night before talked about when Jesus was born. oh well, maybe next year. I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

That's awesome. We were gone pretty much all day. It was a doozey. I'm way jealous!