Monday, November 25, 2013

Mini Garage Makeover Project


One of the things I didn't like about our new house is that we don't have a mudroom/space to put backpacks, boots, snow stuff, etc. Since we mostly go through the garage and not the front door, I decided I would like to create a space to put all of the kids stuff. I took down some hooks and moved a dilapidated bookshelf, painted the wall and put up these little "cubbies" we found at IKEA. There is a bin at the top for their treasures, a hook for a backpack, a hook for a coat and a bin at the bottom for their shoes and boots. I put a little chair in the middle so there is somewhere to sit while you put on your boots. Plus I love the little half circle rugs I found as well.

That same week, Randy and I purchased a new freezer for the garage. I LOVE it! The refrigerator that came with the house is built in and has a tiny freezer. I could scarcely buy anything to keep in the freezer.  It is so nice to have.
 I used my Cricut to cut vinyl letter so I could attach their names onto each cubby. I hadn't ever cut vinyl before, but even though I messed it up by cutting all the way through the backing, it still worked out great! Aren't their little names awesome!
 Lily wanted to help me show them off.
I swear I took some 'before' photos, but I can't seem to find them. Oh well. These are right by the entry to the house from the garage.

No comments: