Monday, July 14, 2014

Flood

The joys of owning a house were painfully clear this week. Randy and I were in the basement when we noticed in the corner some water damage. The paint was peeling away from the wall, but it wasn't wet at that time. We then noticed some bowing on our upstairs floor near the dishwasher. Apparently it had been leaking for a while without our knowledge. It only leaked when the dishwasher was running which is at least once a day! ugh. Prying back the floor uncovered some mold and more water damage. I'm so glad that Randy is on top of things like this and can handle pretty much any situation.





Unfortunately, Randy had to go on a work trip to Boston and I had also thrown my back out this week. I was left with a destroyed kitchen, no dishwasher, no husband, and an inability to even pick up toys on the floor.  Randy felt awful and sent me these flowers as a reminder that he loves and cares about me and he felt bad being away when he was needed so badly. He's sweet that way.

P.s. We were able to clean up the mess and install new flooring eventually. I even got a new dishwasher!