Sunday, March 13, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday to Lily

Lily is 2 today! I can't believe how fast these last two years have gone. I was sitting with Lily in the insta-care waiting room when we should have been in sacrament meeting, I was thinking about the day she was born. It was a fun and interesting birth experience. I'm so glad that she is a part of our family. I was also thinking about how it sucked that as we were checking her in withe the secretary, the doctor called (I could hear her on the phone as she talked to the receptionist) and she said that she overslept and would be in the office in 1/2 hour. I knew Lil's and I were in for a long wait. An hour and 15 minutes later we found out Lily (who had strep last week and hasn't finished her antibiotics yet) is allergic to amoxicillin; hence the giant rash all over her body last night and this morning. She has a tiny fever as well. But her strep test came back negative, so that's good right? We are taking benadryl and Triaminic and the doc says in a few hours she should be good as new. But until then we will cuddle and wait for those nasty itchy bumps to go away. It's not much fun to be 2 so far...maybe the rest of the day will be better.

Oh, but I did make a cake yesterday. And you KNOW I like to make cakes. Especially a cake for my little princess...
Hence the princess/heart theme.
Simple and sweet. Just like my girl.

7 comments:

Joan said...

Happy birthday to Lily. Her cake is another beautiful creation by her talented mom. I love it.

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

I hope she is feeling better soon, allgeries are no fun!! Happy birthday to my sweet girl

Sara said...

That cake is amazing! Wow Heather. Happy Birthday to Lily; I hope she feels better soon.

Unknown said...

My little Lily Bean is not doing well, I'm sorry. Happy Birthday sweetheart. Love you.

Jane said...

A beautiful cake for a beautiful girl. We sure do love her!

Andy said...

cute cake! happy birthday lily!

we just found out the hard way too that my ruby is allergic to amox. so sad... hope she gets feeling better soon.

Heather said...

Thanks everyone! I hope she feels better soon.