Sunday, May 31, 2015

Church Friends

I love it when these two are best friends. Here they are at church together reading and getting along. 
So, something noteworthy has happened recently as far as church goes. I have been so sick and frustrated as Randy is at school so I have to do a lot on my own. Don't get me wrong, I've had lots of help. I have had a lot of help especially from my mom and my sister Michelle. I've even had some people in the ward bring me dinners and offer to help me clean the house. Anyway, being the primary president as well as trying to take care of four kids plus being so so sick everyday throwing up and generally not wanting to get out of bed has taken its toll on me. 
The bishop and his counselor came over to my house to sing happy birthday to me a couple of weeks ago. The house was a disaster, Randy wasn't home, the kids were crazy and I just didn't feel well at all. They sang and gave me a card, and then they left. About 20 minutes later, I received a call from bishop Schwab. He mentioned that he wanted to talk to me and asked if I could come to the church and speak to him in his office. I got the kids settled and went to meet with him. When I sat down he asked "Is being the primary president killing you?" and my response was to just burst into tears! Yes, I bawled. I told him that "No, the calling wasn't killing me, but everything altogether WAS killing me.": I kept praying to Heavenly Father asking for something to give, something to be taken off my plate. I just couldn't handle everything anymore. Bishop said that after leaving my house, he had the strong impression to release me from my calling. But he was surprised by that feeling because he assumed things were going Ok for me. He knew I was sick, but didn't know the depth of my suffering. I wont get into the details, but there was (still) a lot of crying on my part and we agreed that it was best for me to be released from my calling. I told him that I would've never asked to be released, but that I was SO thankful that he listened to the spirit that night. He advised me to take this time (time without a calling) to become closer to Tyler."He needs his mother especially right now before he becomes a teenager"  So I'm taking that to heart. I'm sad and relieved all at once. Even though it has been difficult to be the primary president, I have grown a lot. Hopefully I can focus on the most important thing in my life right now...my family. 

No comments: