Monday, February 13, 2012
Nope, no baby yet
We thought for sure that since this baby was bigger and measuring two weeks ahead all through the pregnancy that she would either be born a little early on her own, or that I would be induced early because of her size. But as you can tell, that hasn't been the case.
I really did/do not want to be induced and want to have her when she and my body are ready. So thanks to a supportive midwife, we are waiting (somewhat impatiently) for that to happen. My midwife says that if I'm not worried about her size then she isn't either.
This little baby of mine is still giving me a rough time though. She has tricked me into thinking I was in labor multiple times now and yesterday we headed to the hospital (although I knew I wasn't in labor) because I though I may be leaking amniotic fluid. That wasn't the case though, so we headed back home. I was actually really glad too, because I had been vomiting on Saturday night and was not feeling at all well on Sunday. Not well enough to have the energy to deliver a baby that's for sure. Thanks mom and dad for taking the rest of the crew while we were at the hospital!
Anyway, so we are still playing the waiting game with this little one. My due date is this Wednesday the 15th. But if Tyler gets his wish, she will be here tomorrow on Valentines day. How fun would that be? As of Friday, I am measuring down another centimeter or so at 36 where a couple of weeks ago I was at 39 plus! So she is still dropping down a little at a time. I also lost 2 lbs this week and am dilated at a 2. I'm hoping that means she is on her way. I have another appointment with my midwife scheduled for Friday morning, but She thinks (and I hope) that we will see each other at the hospital before then. Here's hoping!