Jake and his friend Chanse decided to leave our house and run over to Chanse's house. They had been gone less than 5 minutes when Jake comes bursting through the door sobbing/screaming. I asked him what was wrong and he said with his little tear filled eyes, taking a shaky breath after every couple of words "I just touched poison ivy...and when you touch poison ivy...you...after ten seconds...you...you DIE!" He shows me his finger (which looks perfectly fine to me) and stares up at me and says "I don't want to die!" I of course tell him that poison ivy doesn't make you die. Jake immediately stops crying and says "really?" I tell him that poison ivy will make you itchy and he said excitedly "It does?" I tell him "yes" and he says as happy as can be "I'm not even itchy!!!" I say ""Yep" and then he tuns and runs out the door to go play.
I'm so glad we avoided the deadly ten second death poison ivy today.