Saturday, July 27, 2013

painting and making it our own

 soon after moving in, I got to work painting. I started with lily's room, then the master bedroom, then the patio set the previous owners left behind.

This is Lily's room before I made it over. (sorry it's blurry. I was trying to be sneaky and take a picture while the girl who owned the house was turned around.)
 This is Lily's room after I painted it.

I found a cute idea online to use a round mirror and paint a flower around it. This is my own take on that project. I like the 'hidden' sunburst.
Alyssa hanging out with me while I unpacked and loaded up the new kitchen

 Hanging out eating popsicles on our covered patio after church one day.

 The owners before us asked if we would like their old patio set. it wasn't in the greatest condition, but since we didn't have a set we said yes.
Before:

 during: (primed)

  After: painted

I stenciled the top to add some personality


I bought some cute cushions. It was a crazy process to finally get some at a reasonable price. These were my fourth choice. But they grew on me.
  and finally, the finished product. It only took 11 hours and three coats of paint. but I think it was well worth it.
Don't you love it?! I think it adds some brightness to a somewhat brown, gray and dark space.

No comments: