Saturday, March 7, 2015

Jacob's Baptism

Today Jacob was baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It was a wonderful day. He was the only one in our ward being baptized that day, but we were lucky enough to have my nephew Boston be baptized with Jacob. How cool is it to have a shared baptism with your cousin! I'm sure my parents were happy to kill two birds with one stone as well.  

Before the baptism, we took some pictures. Jacob chose to have Randy be the one to baptize and confirm him.



As you can see by my face, I'm proud, happy and sad my baby is growing up, all at the same time.


 Mostly I'm happy that he made this big decision and did the right thing.

 In his interview with the bishop, he was asked why he wanted to be baptized, he said "I want to be baptized because I want to have the holy ghost to help me make good decisions."
 The family waiting for the stake baptism program to start. there were three other wards there with only a handful of kids being baptized that day.






 Jacob and Boston (my sister Amberly's son) together after their confirmations.

 Everything went off without a hitch. I'm thankful to Randy for being worthy to baptize him and thankful to Jacob for making good decisions

After the baptism, we had all our family and friends over for a taco bar (Jacob's favorite) and cupcakes.
We had all the support we could ever need. I'm so grateful to everyone who helps make this happen month after month. We have wonderful leaders and members who serve diligently. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

No comments: