Thursday, December 20, 2007

Happy Birthday Tyler!

Well, yesterday was Tyler's 4th birthday. He was very specific about what he wanted this year. I asked him which friends he wanted to invite (I teach sunbeams, so I know a lot of four-year-olds) he told me he wanted to invite his cousins Savannah and Will. That was the end of his guest list and there was no convincing him otherwise (I tried for about 3 weeks). I asked him if he had any ideas of what he wanted to do. He suggested bowling. I don't really think he even knew what bowling was, but he was set on it, so that is what we did. I showed him pictures of bowling on the internet, so he knew what he was getting into.
So, we had a party at the bowling alley in Bountiful (because that is about the midpoint between Michelle's and my house). Since the party was in bountiful (where my mom lives) she wanted to come to the party. I kept on asking Ty if she could come, but he refused every day. Finally, Grandma convinced him to let her stop by and drop off his present. I also had to convince him to let Jake, Daddy, Michelle and Isaac come. We bowled one game, which Randy won and Tyler got second place at 79 points. I think that is the worst game I have ever played in my life with a score of 78. After that, we opened presents which consisted of TNMT on DVD, Shrek the 3rd on DVD, a writing your abc's Book, a lightsaber and a darth vader figurine. (pretty good for a 3 person party) then we played in the arcade and got tickets to buy overpriced junky toys that the kids of course loved! We then went to a gourmet dinner at... you guessed it McDonalds! The kids had fun playing there as well and eating their happy meals. Then we came home and opened some more presents; a lightsaber from Grandma and Grandpa Bremner that really lights up and makes noises and another one so daddy can play with him. He also got a baseball bat and Tee set that he loves!

so, that was his party! I just want to thank Michelle for letting Savannah and Will come to the party. Without them, it literally wouldn't have been much of a party. enjoy the pictures!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

That about sums it up. Thanks for having us. We had a blast!