Thursday, September 25, 2008

Out with the old, in with the New!



Randy has had our desktop computer for over ten years now, and we decided (after it had a blue screen a few weeks ago) that it was time to purchase a new one. I didn't really think it was a big deal that it was so old; after all, it works right? well, boy have I learned a lesson! I can't believe how FAST our new computer is! We bought a new HP Desktop and even though our Internet connection is the same, I can get things done twice as fast as I did before, just downloading these two pictures was done in seconds! I can't believe it. you put your disk in and it pops right up! I usually put the disk in and then have to wait 5 or 10 minutes while it loads onto the computer. And to think I thought this was normal! I can't believe the clarity of the new screen too! it is so nice that we actually watched a movie on it last night while we sat on the couch! It is awesome! The only downside is trying to figure out all the new systems it runs on. I am still learning, but I am sure that I will love it even more once I learn what everything does and how to use it. Don't you love the difference in how just the monitors look! It makes me laugh. I guess the kids will have a place to play computer games until the old one officially dies. Oh and those of you wondering (and I know some of you are) Yes, we paid cash for it! duh do you know us at all?
Oh and David, No, we did not have someone come to install everything and transfer our files to the new computer for us although I'm sure some "friends" would have loved to do it.

6 comments:

katester said...

Congrats on the upgrade! It looks way nice.

TStevens said...

We let our oldest Gunnar do the transferring for us - you should give Tyler a shot at it.

Speaking of kids, are you being liberal with the cola products like I suggested?

Tina Sims Gifford said...

It makes you wonder what else your doing that you consider "normal"!

Nessa said...

We just got a new computer too...when Eric pulled out the monitor I started yelling at him because I thought he had bought another flatscreen t.v! I feel so old!

Ali said...

You should have talked to me. Ben can get you a deal on new computers. Oh well. This one looks very nice. And it is amazing how fast it can run compared to old ones. Ben just put a new video card in ours for my birthday and I can do my scrapbooking much, much faster. It's great!

Clayton and Amber said...

okay, so I don't check your blog for a few days and there is a whole boat load of stuff you've been up to. Congrats on the new computer. I'm "happily" jealous for you! Now you can finally see what you are doing!