Sunday, August 9, 2009

Appropriate or Old Fashioned?

Tyler and I went school shopping (sniff sniff) and if you know Ty, you know he is extremely picky about what he wears. Lately it has been "Army" clothes and that's OK I guess. Anyway, we were picking out clothes and he didn't like any of my suggestions (of course) but he found two shirts that he thinks are "AWESOME!" and super "cool". The shirts were only $4 so I didn't really fight him on it, but what do you think? am I just old fashioned or is this shirt inappropriate for school? It does have skulls on it, but he really hasn't noticed that. He loves the guitar the most and his self esteem goes way up just when he tries it on. He absolutely loves it!I guess my question is: should I let him wear it to school? or should they just be "play clothes"?

At least he isn't dressing like a silly two-year-old. Jakey is a goof.

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Is that underwear on his head, or just a shirt? What a funny kid. I would check the dress code at the school first, but I don't think it is bad enough to not wear to school. Especially if he loves it so much.

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

At his age I don't think it should be an issue but the schools sometimes have dress codes that do not allow such things so best check with his school.

Ali said...

Ok, I seriously laughed out loud when I saw the picture of Jake. That is so funny!!! About Tyler, I don't think I would let him wear it to school, but I'm pretty old-fashioned myself. Good luck getting him to not wear it, should you decide so.rec

Amber said...

If it's not against school rules, I don't really think it's too bad (definitely not worth a fight)...and Dan has practically the same shirt :) But for Dan, it's definitely "play" clothes, not work clothes. And he bought it to wear in that silly commercial where he gets a tattoo.
Plus, the more he wears it, the sooner it will wear out right?

Amber said...

oh yeah, and to really complete the look, you should tear off the sleeves and have ty grow a mullet.
just a sugggestion. (somebody's got to have some controversial hair going on now that randy's all clean shaven and stuff)

Heather said...

LOL Amber!

Unknown said...

JT loves skulls and anything scary to wear to school. His favorite is the one of the Skeleton that glows in the dark riding the Harley we got at Stugis three years ago. He still tries to wear it,I have removed itfrom his room now that is belly is showing. Way too small for him now.

H. Wimmer said...

Tyler looks so cutie!! If it makes him feel good and it isn't offensives than I think its ok.

Clayton and Amber said...

Personally I'm a little freaked when I see skulls on clothes..but then again skulls are totally in. I saw them on a baby girl&boy blanket, bib, burp cloth, and onsie! So...sweet shirt Ty! And Jake, you are SILLY! I agree with Amber that a mullet would be awesome too :) Anything is cute on Tyler!