Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sounds Like a Scam to Me


I received the following e-mail about my adsense account from Blogger (my ads I'm supposed to get paid for on the side of my blog). Of course I get this e-mail RIGHT before I am to receive my first check of $100.

Google Adsense Account Disabled



Hello,

While going through our records recently, we found that your AdSense
account has posed a significant risk to our AdWords advertisers. Since
keeping your account in our publisher network may financially damage our
advertisers in the future, we've decided to disable your account.

Please understand that we consider this a necessary step to protect the
interests of both our advertisers and our other AdSense publishers. We
realize the inconvenience this may cause you, and we thank you in advance
for your understanding and cooperation.

If you have any questions about your account or the actions we've taken,
please do not reply to this email. You can find more information by
visiting
https://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/answer.py?answer=57153.

Sincerely,

The Google AdSense Team

Apparently they can't prove I have done anything wrong, but they disable my account when I have reached the quota for my first paycheck. It says on the link that if my account is disabled they don't have to pay me any earnings. Interesting..... Sounds like a scam to me. what do you think? Has anyone actually been paid by these guys?

6 comments:

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Sure does seem like a scam and all this time I thought we could trust google!

Unknown said...

I had over $40 when they disabled my account. So I cancelled my ads. They still were running the ads on my blog, but I wasn't earring anything from having been disabled. I had to cancel the ads myself. Sorry about that. Sounds like a scam, I've fallen for a few other things like this. Mypoints is the only one I've actually had pay out as planned.

Micah said...

Doesn't sound like a scam at all to me. I understand the timing makes it sound suspicious, but think about it for a minute . . . Most the people who click on the links were your family or friends who did nothing more than open the window and then close it so you would get paid. Obviously the sites who are paying for advertising aren't interested in paying for that kind of traffic--they want authentic visitors. Google can track what the people do on the site so can see the pattern pretty easily that it's the same people doing the same thing every day. It's pretty natural that they wouldn't be want to pay you for that. I'm sure from their perspective it looks like you're trying to scam them.

TStevens said...

Straight business. If they disable everyone before paying them, how many will complain? I bet it will be less than 5% - that over volume equals millions of dollars saved for doing nothing.

It is like insurance companies denying initial claims as a matter of practice.

Plus companies do not care what type of click - it is a volume game. They may only get (or expect) 1 sale per 1000's of clicks. Volume is volume is volume.

Tina Sims Gifford said...

I don't know about Google, but I'M trying to scam you. It hasn't worked yet :(

meredith said...

It sure sounds like a scam to me. It's enough to keep me from agreeing to anything from google.