Sunday, May 2, 2010

Special Sunday

Today we were in Sacrament meeting and I was having a particularly hard time trying to keep Lily and Jacob from being too disruptive. I had taken Jacob out into the hall once already and Lily was Crying "Ma-Ma" when another little girl had taken her book from her. One of our friends little girls (Hallie) got up and bared her testimony. Then Tyler looked around and asked aloud to himself "Now...who's next?" and I pointed to him and said "You" he said "no, not me!" and I said "You can if you would like to, but you don't have to." after two more testimonies done by kids his age he looked at me and said with resolution, "I'm going to go." And he did just that. He got all the way up there and said "I'd like to bear my testimony and I know this church is true. I love my family and I know Jesus loves me." He paused.. looked at me, said "Um..." and then said "In the name of Jesus Christ Amen." I felt so proud of him. He has done something at Six years old that I never dared to do. It makes me so grateful for him and the spirit he brings into our home. He surely is a blessing in my life. I love you Tyler.

3 comments:

Jane said...

What a sweet story! Please tell Tyler how thankful I am that he can feel the spirit and and have the courage to bare his testimony. I am grateful to both you and Randy for raising our grandchildren so well and preparing them to survive in this wicked world. We love you all!

Nessa said...

Awesome!!!!!

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Way to go Tyler - isn't it great to be able to tell people you know the Church is true!