Sunday, June 5, 2011

Bitter Sweet

Today Randy was released as the 2nd counselor in the bishopric. It has been bitter sweet for me today. Everyone that has come up to me has said "I bet you are so happy!" I was surprised to get this phrase from multiple people. I really don't feel 'happy' about it. I am glad that I won't have to deal with the children all by myself (or with sister Kidman who has been helping me out but recently moved) anymore during sacrament meeting. It will be nice to have Randy home more often. But, I will miss hearing stories of how his life is being blessed and hearing of others lives being blessed through him and I will miss the blessings Heavenly Father has given us for his stalwart service to the lord in this capacity. But no, I'm not 'happy' for this release. I have learned a lot since Randy started serving in the bishopric. I have come closer to the Lord as I have needed to rely more on Him and less on Randy. My testimony has also grown more than I ever thought it could. I have grown so much through this calling and I'm not quite sure how I feel about it being over...for now. It was wonderful to hear Randy's testimony today in Sacrament meeting albeit I did wear the wrong mascara and paid for it dearly. But I digress, He is such a great example to me of unfailing love and determination to do what the Lord would have him do no matter the cost. His testimony was/is amazing. I am thankful to have married such a wonderful man. I have a feeling this wont be the last time he serves in a bishopric, but for now I will enjoy having him around a little bit more often.

3 comments:

Jane said...

Releases can be difficult, but Randy will be blessed with another calling and he will learn and grow from it as well. Just keep doing the Lord's work no matter where you are called and life will continue to be full of challenges and blessings. I'm sure Randy did a wonderful job, but he will serve well no matter where he is called.

dave, catie, and baby b. said...

that is the perfect attitude to have.

:)

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

He is a great son also and we are very proud of all he has accomplished in church and in the job but most of all as a father and husband to his "wonderful wife" that we love so very much. We are so blest!!!!!