Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Dream Disturbances



If you didn't already know, I live in a house with three boys. unfortunately all three of these boys talk in there sleep...a lot. It is both frustrating and hilarious for me at the same time. It is hard for me to tell when the are actually asleep and when they are awake because they sound the same, especially Randy. Jake just jibber jabbers and it is kinda cute. Sometimes Tyler cries out "Mommy! Mommy!" and I run in his room only to find he is sound asleep. That gets annoying. Last night was kind of funny though because it was the first night that two of them have talked together.
ok, let me set the scene. It is 1:00 in the morning. All is quiet except the soft sounds of breathing and the fan in our room gently humming. Randy suddenly sits up, scoots over and looks down so he is directly over me. He says apprehensively "So, are you going on the cruise then?" I sigh "Yes Randy, I am going on the cruise. Are you?" he dramatically falls back down onto his pillow and sighs with an "Ahhhh" sound. that wasn't all that unusual or funny, but right after Randy went back to sleep, Tyler literally yells out "INCONCEIVABLE!" I was laughing so hard! I guess we have watched princess bride a little too much lately eh?
I can't wait till all three are saying stuff at the same time and thoroughly confusing and scaring me even more. I'll let you know if anything else happens like a sharkfish getting Randy's leg again, spiders crawling all over our bed, or my personal favorite...Randy looking for the elusive drinking fountain in our bedroom.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

That is hilarious! I love the Princess Bride! Tyler is so funny. I'm surprised he can even say Inconceivable. That is very impressive.

H. Wimmer said...

That is totally funny!! I had no idea Randy slept talk...Sorry Family traite...Weall do it every bremner! just ask Doug about some of the things I have said and done.

Tina Sims Gifford said...

What... you DON'T have a drinking fountain in your bedroom? Well, we must be a little bit better than you I guess.

Nessa said...

I feel for you. Heidi's right...it is a family thing. One night Eric sat up and looked down at me and said, "Stop invading my castle!" I just want to know when we acquired a castle, and if the servants therein will do laundry and my dishes!

Michelle said...

I love all of your great stories, and all of the cute pictures that accompany them.

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

I am glad I am the sleep talker and walker and not David. The kids all do it to, especially Zeke and Qatar. They walk in our room in the middle of the night and just stare at the bed. I tell them to go potty and go back to bed and they usually do.
One night Zeke turned on the shower and I finally went to investigate the noise. Well the water was cold but turned to hot and yes he ran the hot water heater out and well the utility bill that month was higher then usual. About 100 dollars more. I do wish I had investigated sooner, but I was asleep.