Monday, April 21, 2008

Happy Birthday To ME!

Yep, it is my birthday today and I am officially1/4 of a century old! It is the first birthday I am kind of freaking out about. I am so old! So, I looked up other thing as old as I am! I can't say that it made me feel better, but it was interesting enough. I hope everyone has a wonderful day today!

I am as old as.....

cookies and cream ice cream

First handheld cellular phone (by Motorola)

laptop computers
(It was about as portable as a sewing machine a 28-pound Compaq Portable)


lettuce in a bag

non refrigerated microwave popcorn

Karaoke

the Internet

Microsoft Word

Swatch's first watches

Wendy's Baked Potatoes with toppings.

The last wringer washer machine made by Maytag

French's Dijon mustard.


Popular Culture 1983
Final Episode of M*A*S*H airs record 125 million watch
Cabbage Patch Dolls are sold in shops and become a success
West German news magazine Stern publish the Hitler Diaries which turn out to be Forgeries

Popular Films
Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
Tootsie
Trading Places
WarGames
Superman III
Flashdance
Staying Alive
Octopussy
National Lampoon's Vacation
Never Say Never Again
Terms of Endearment
Yentl
Educating Rita

Popular Musicians
Phil Collins
The Police with " Every Breath that you take "
Hot Chocolate
Big Country
Black Sabbath
David Bowie
Johnny Cash
Culture Club
Duran Duran
Elton John
Pink Floyd
Ozzy Osbourne
Lionel Richie with " All Night Long "
Rod Stewart
Michael Jackson with " Beat It and Billy Jean "
The Moody Blues
Bob Marley and the Wailers

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Man, you are old!! Love you!

Heather said...

what does that make you OLDER sister?

Jess said...

That's awesome! I love the list.
Happy late birthday, I hope you did something fun!

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

You should talk about being old! That list makes me feel really old since many of those items seemed like they just happened a few years ago. Some items must be mistakes!