Monday, June 30, 2008

It's no octopus, but I think it works just as well

I've gotten a lot of jabs for my un-creative butterfly sandwich, so I've been trying to redeem myself. Well, I made a fruit plate for my family last night. Usually it gets passed over, so I decided to be creative. The kids loved it! It isn't a creative hot dog octopus, but I will do what I can with what I have. Bon Appetite!
In case you are wondering, it is a white peach in the middle. It was a little too ripe. We finished off the whole thing!

I think Randy liked this plate a whole lot more than the friut though. don't worry, we only ate about 1/3 of this plate.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice, it looks really good. The meat isn't bad either. I got the octopus idea from a cookbook I was reading at work one day. I love subbing, when the teacher has a prep hour you have a break hour. Lots of time to read.

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Whatever it takes to get them to eat it - very creative.

Ali said...

I don't think I will ever get over how creative you are. You should go to cullinary school. I would prefer the meat too, but those strawberries look extra tasty too.

Amber said...

wow, you are Ah-Maze-Ing. That looks muy rico. It makes me want to go buy fruit.

Michelle said...

how bout a recipe book, "The jumping dinosaur food designer." or something like that. You're hilarious. I love the couch too.

TStevens said...

Is that a steak or did you drop an oven mitt on the grill?

The fruit plate looks very nice.