Thursday, June 5, 2008

Just my luck!



If you haven't noticed yet, I have a cell phone problem. It is not hard for me to operate or anything. It is hard for me to hold on to. In the past 6 months or so, I have lost or injured my cell phone three times! The first time, I was in Oregon on the beach and I jumped on a rock to miss a big wave and somehow my phone jumped out of my pocket and the ocean took it forever. The next mishap wasn't actually my fault; Randy took the new phone snowboarding with him and put it in his zippered pocket only to find when he was done for the day that it was unzipped and gone. Then, another unfortunate incident happened just yesterday. I was going to the bathroom and when I was done, I hurried to pull up my pants, which incidentally had the phone in the front pocket, and it flipped out of the pocket and right into the newly filled bowl. Yep, that's right, I of course went number one AND number two! I reached in and grabbed it as fast as I could. It couldn't have been in the toilet for more than two seconds and I held it over the sink wondering what to do next. I rinsed it out as best I could trying not to ruin it anymore than I already had. I took it apart and put it on a towel to dry out. Then, when Randy came home, he put it in alcohol to absorb the water and he took it to work today to bake the rest of the water out of the LCD screen. I hope it works!

I do have one excuse though; albeit not a very good one. This wouldn't have happened if my boys would let me go to the bathroom all by myself! I was trying to hurry because Jakey was going for the toilet bowl cleaner and Ty was freaking out about something that I needed to help him with. The look on Tyler's face when I reached into the toilet at lightning speed to fish out my phone was priceless though. Eeew!
If you need to reach me, you can call me at home.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Funny, I know the bathroom issues, I now go by myself, except the dog when no one else is home. He whines at the door otherwise. He just sits on the floor looking at me. I wonder if I will ever really be alone.
"I just want to be alone"
I hope you saved the phone.

Nessa said...

I always tell Eric, "Even though you have to go to work everyday, at least you can talk to grown-ups, and go to the bathroom by yourself!" Until I became a mom, I never knew that going to the bathroom was a spectater sport!

The Hardy's said...

i can't believe you fished the phone out of the toilet. i feel for you though, today i dropped my camera in the giraffe pen at hogle zoo and broke it...good news, i get my new camera!!