Monday, July 28, 2008

Here are the details about our "new addition" (meaning the baby of course)

Yeah! Baby number three is on the way! Okay, well I'm not very far along and everyone seems to think it is strange that I am telling people so soon. Well, it may make the pregnancy seem longer to YOU, but either way it is the same for me. I get too excited to keep secrets! Although we have told pretty much everyone except for Tyler. I'm not sure why we haven't told him yet, but I'm sure we will tell him soon enough. All right, I will get to the "good stuff" I am due the beginning of March (again) so my babies will be almost exactly two years apart. Yes, I have been extremely sick this time. I have not really been sick with the other two pregnancies and now I know why people don't really like being pregnant. If this is what it is like for most people, I don't want to be them. It really does suck to be really sick. This, by the way, is another reason we told people so soon. It is hard to keep it a secret when you are sick. And Yes, of course I am hoping for a girl this time! well, here is an update on my baby this week according to Baby center.

As of 8 weeks,

My baby is now 5/8 of an inch long, about the size of a kidney bean. New this week: Webbed fingers and toes are poking out from my baby's hands and feet, his eyelids practically cover his eyes, breathing tubes extend from his throat to the branches of his developing lungs, and his "tail" is just about gone. His arms have lengthened, too, and his hands are now flexed at the wrist and meet over his heart. His knee joints have formed, and his feet may be long enough to meet in front of his body. In his brain, nerve cells are branching out to connect with one another, forming primitive neural pathways.

14 comments:

Paige said...

if you want a girl, then try saying "she" instead of "he" when referring to the baby. but you know your chances of having a girl in the number three position is very unlikely...Micah, Lisa... the girl comes after the third boy, thats my theory, see, if Kristi had one more it would have been a boy. Thats the pattern. Now if Heidi does have a girl that will blow the whole theory out of the water and maybe you can have a girl...maybe

Nessa said...

I think that it would be great if you have a girl this time...the only problem is that Lisa will kill you for going outside the acceptable gender pattern!

Michelle said...

Congrats again! We are so excited for you. Sorry you are sick though. Hopefully it will pass soon. I think it's a good sign that you are having a girl though.

Heather said...

paige and nessa,
I have high hopes we blow the gender pattern on the Bremner side. I will look to the Aird side on this one I think. It seems pretty random at this point.

Michelle,
Thanks! Let me know if you have any prophetic dreams about me. I'm letting myself throw up now and I actually think it is helping a little. I hate throwing up though.

Unknown said...

It is not a girl, Vanessa, it cannot be that would not be fair, and we know the world is always fair. One more boy then a girl, SORRY THAT IS THE WAY IT GOES!!!

Jessica said...

Trust me Heather...I don't care if you look at my blog. It was literally some girl that lives in Tucson that doesn't know me from Adam. Congrats on the baby! Obviously you know we are expecting our first and it is SO exciting...I never knew how exciting it could be!!!

Shanna Blythe said...

Heather,
Big congrats! Good luck!!

Michelle said...

Wow Heath, that's awesome. Don't worry about telling people too early. When I found out I was pregnant with Bronson, I didn't even make it through the first day. What a cute kidney bean!

Michelle said...

Oh ya, that's a great picture of your butt too! Sorry your feeling sick, that's the worst, especially when you have other little guys to take care of. Good Luck!

Cormorant said...

Congratulations Heather! Wow, exactly two years apart, huh? Sounds fun! Sorry you're sick, but now you know what "the rest of us" feel like! ;) Hope you're feeling better soon. Congrats again!

meredith said...

Hi Heather, I don't really know you but Lisa and Vaneesa are always talking about your blog so I read it too. (That kind of sounds creepy, but I think that Vanessa and Lisa will vouch for me.....) anyway, you still have a 50/50 chance for a girl this time around. After 3 babies of the same gender then you have a 90/10% cance but Micah and Lisa have both broken those odds and you can too. Just have twins and the 2nd of the babies will be a girl.

Also, go to your pharmacy and buy some seabands- they REALLY REALLY help with morning sickness. I was very ill w/ all 3 of my babies. Your mom can tell you how green she thought I looked- and truly, I was green. Also, morning sickness does increas your odds of a girl. I was very sick all 3 times and have had 3 girls.
Anyway, good luck and I hope you feel better soon!

Ali said...

I'm sorry you still aren't feeling well. It's fun to hear how big your baby is. I liked getting e-mails about that when I was pregnant.

H. Wimmer said...

I totally know how you feel when it comes to being sick...I'm 17 weeks and I'm finally feeling better. If this had been my first pregancy I don't think I would ever get preggers again....I hope you feel better soon because nothing worse!!! Congrates on the baby and I'm so happy for you guys!!! Lets pray for 2 baby girls in one year!!

TStevens said...

It seems no one else wants to mention it. You say you are 8 weeks pregnant, and when you look 8 weeks back in your blog we see you were on a girls night out. What's up with that - and more importantly do I need to worry after going out with the girls on Tuesday?!?!?