Monday, July 7, 2008

My recent Project

I found this bench at a consignment store here in town and Jake fell in love with it. At the store, he would not get off of it and he would just sit in it and grin. so, being the sucker that I am, I bought it. I decided I would like to paint it and stick with the train theme we already have. Ty has a Thomas the Train chair that my sister's mother-in-law made for us.


It isn't as cute as the Thomas chair, but at least Jake still loves it.


I guess I can't live unless I have some sort of art project going on.Tyler helped me paint the solid colors on the back and sides. He had a lot of fun. Don't ask me how I felt about him helping though.

There's nothing like sitting down on a hard wooden bench at the end of a long day.I'll post a picture of Jake sitting on his bench reading a book soon. It seems to be his new favorite way to pass the time on these long summer days.



13 comments:

Spaz said...

Jake was really eyeing those M&Ms that Tyler had.

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

I don't know how you can say it isn't as cute as the chair, it is great. You have such a great talent and should use it whenever you feel the need to do it.

Amber said...

It looks so good! Much, much better than your butterfly sandwich. Almost as good as the pretty fruit thing (if only the bench were edible...but then the boys wouldn't get to enjoy it as long).

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh! I can't get over how talented you are! That is AWESOME! What a lucky boy Jake is to have such a talented Mom to make him things. Seriously, I am very jealous of your artistic abilities.

Unknown said...

My gosh that is adorable. It looks like you could send a train right through those tunnels!

Ali said...

I absolutely love it, Heather! What a great job you did! I think it is just as good as the chairs Kathy makes. You have quite the talent! I think it looks like the train tracks on the bottom are coming out and would be bumpy to sit on. I can understand you maybe not wanting Tyler to help you too much. At least they both enjoy it so you can have the new couch to yourself.

Foster said...

Heather...

That is totally awesome! Ian is green with envy. He loves all things choo choo.

Nice work.

Nessa said...

Way to go...making all us other mom's look bad! Really though, kudos on the bench...it looks fabulous!

Unknown said...

So cute, stick with this and forget food art. This is so much better and it stays around longer. I love it!!!!

Shanna Blythe said...

Not to add to much to the other kudos you have gotten, but I think it is really really cute!

Camron Amy Brycson said...

I had no idea you were such a talented artist. That bench looks amazing!

H. Wimmer said...

WOW!!! that is so cutie and totally amazing. I wish I was as talented s you.....I can only deam about painting but it won't ever look that great!!

Michelle said...

Okay it's official, we cannot be friends any more! That next door neighbor offer is over, I mean over. Every time at look at your blog my self esteem gets lower and lower, and frankly I'm in desperate need of some. Secondly, I just can't afford you, so I'm gonna take snl's advice. :) ;0 :)