Wednesday, July 16, 2008

There is a hidden vortex in our home I just know it!



Why is it that when you have a child that uses pacifiers they are always missing? Every time you turn around another one magically disappears. There has to be a hole in our house that is swallowing them up. I swear I don't really let him use them unless it is bed/nap time, so wouldn't that mean they should be in his room somewhere? That has to be where the hidden vortex is. I do actually have a special place set aside where pacifiers are to be put away. They are hung on some key hooks I put on the wall. Of course it is always empty though. It has got to be some conspiracy or something. I also think Tyler is the keeper of the passageway from this world to the pacifier world. I have seen him take pacifiers off the hooks when he is mad at me. Obviously he knows which of my buttons to push because it drives me crazy not having them! Of course when I ask Jakey "where's your paci?" he looks at me with those wide eyes and says "Idonno!" do you really think he doesn't know? or does he have some secret stash hidden away for a rainy day and is the mastermind behind this madness. The keeper of the vortex and the mastermind probably just laugh at me every time I reluctantly buy another pack of pacifiers.

8 comments:

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Wow you must really have them well trained.

Michelle said...

So which is worse? Trying to get Ty to stop sucking his thumb or looking for the stupid paci's everyday? I kind of think it's a toss up. Lucky for me I finally got a child who is giving up his paci on his own. It is a constant battle trying to keep track of them though, I know!

Unknown said...

I know, Gunnar must have had thousands of Pacifiers before he just gave them up. He took it out of his mouth one day and put it on the dash of the car and said "all done". He was three, yea, that was easy.
Dad found one, about two years ago, in the pocket of an old suit he only wears every few years.
We had one hidden everywhere to avoid the screaming at nap time. Good luck.

Nessa said...

Cell phones and pacifiers...I think you are cursed!

Spaz said...

I'm pretty sure last time you cleaned their room, you found at least 5 of them.

Heather said...

wrongo bongo SPAZ

Foster said...

That is absolutely hilarious--only because I just got back from the store with two more pacifiers in tow! We started with four and we were down to one--I guess everyone has a binky vortex!

TStevens said...

If you are buying more pacifiers anyway, get one of these