Monday, July 21, 2008

So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye


Yesterday I got released in church as a Primary teacher teaching the sunbeam class. I don't want to say I am happy about this, but...let's just say I'm not really that sad about it. I am definitely going to miss at least five or six of the twelve three-year-old kids I taught. It was getting to be that I dreaded going to church every single Sunday because It was so hard to get the kids to sit in their chairs and do what I asked them to do. I would just sigh at the end of every Sunday and I was so thankful I didn't have to do it again for another week. Yeah, that probably wasn't the right attitude to have, but I did. My new calling....da da da dah... is an "activity days leader" teaching the 8-11 year old girls. I have a partner, and she seems pretty awesome, so I have high hopes. I guess we have activities two times a month and NOT on Sunday. It will be so nice to be able to go to Relief Society again! Randy says now that I don't have twelve kids to take care of, I should take Jake though. What am I supposed to do with Jake in church? I guess we will see how it goes.

I feel like I should say that I do feel bad for those women who are pregnant and have been in Primary for years and have yet to be released. One of them really let me have it on Sunday telling me how unfair it was that I get released and I have only been in for a year while she has been stuck for four years and she is going to have a baby soon! I simply told her that I didn't ask to be released and pointed up to the ceiling saying "take it up with him." I feel for her, I really do.

12 comments:

Amber said...

Yay for new adventures. I think you should let Randy continue to have Jakey though. I mean, kids need consistency, right? Randy's got the routine down I'm sure, and you (as the good mother you are) would hate to disrupt that!

Heather said...

Totally Amber! I am so glad that you get it. Randy does teach in sunday school and priesthood though, so if I'm just "sitting around" I should probably step up. we'll see.

Michelle said...

I'm sorry Heather, will you forgive me?

I loved primary - most of the time, okay some of the time - well anyway activity days is fun that is my calling too. It seems to me however that no matter what the calling there always seems to be greener pastures, then you get released and just want your calling back. Did I pick up something that you're trying to say you're pregnant?

Anyway thanks for the advice. I was a Baby Wise reader and Bronson was very good at falling to sleep on his own, until recently that is. So hopefully this book has some good advice about putting little monkeys to bed cause I'm totally pooped!

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

12 three year olds is more than any one teacher should have.

Shanna Blythe said...

My dream calling? Teaching Relief Society once a month. Yeah. NOT the choir leader for the ward and NOT the pianist! Enjoy your new calling and being back in the Relief Society. I just try to hide behind the piano and play games on my phone!!

Nessa said...

Having Jake in classes...lots of goldfish crackers and fruit snacks! Some Valium or Zanex for you is also helpful! Just kidding!!!

Dabaum said...

Now that you've been released that means you have more time right? Two Words: BREMNER METER!!! Alright that might be one word hyphenated. BUT the point is. We're running dry here. I supose I'll just stop being lazy and call you guys. And having said that I'll stop yammering on your blog. (First time Blog commenter... this selection thing that lets me choose my identity is nifty, but how do I load new identities. I'd like to be Batman for a day. He has such cool toys.)

Spaz said...

My Baum-Guage didn't get completely recharged last time we got together. We need to do something soon.

Spaz said...

My Baum-Guage didn't get completely recharged last time we got together. We need to do something soon.

TStevens said...

Don't try to dress it up, the church fired you from working with kids.

The shame.

You can show them by having a dozen or so of your own. That will teach them a lesson they will never forget.

Unknown said...

I know how you feel, when I was home with little ones and in primary I wanted to blow my head off. I did not asked to be release, I just told the president that I was not going to come to church anymore. I was released the next week. WOW!
Have fun with activity girls.

Ali said...

I'm happy for you, but I'm scared for myself. We just started going to our new ward and unlike the Student ward, it has a Sunbeam class. Let's just say I would much prefer being over 8-11 years old like you or even better, being the athletic director. Congrats. What would it be like to not have to hold a baby all of church? I wouldn't know.