Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Opportunity is Knocking,.. but I'm scared to answer the Door.

A man here in Tooele recently opened a business and he has asked me if I would paint his windows for his Grand opening sale. I am interested, but I am also very scared to do it. I have never done anything like this before, I have no idea how much to charge him and how much the supplies would cost. He has a lot of window space to fill. I am supposed to call him with a bid so we can get started asap. Any advice?

7 comments:

Micah said...

No advice at all, as I have no idea. But, congratulations--it's a neat opportunity and you'll do a great job.

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Congratulations - you will be great but you don't want to do it so cheap you don't make any money. First find out if he has ideas of what he wants or is it up to you. Second you need to determine how much area you are going to be covering and then look at how much paint it took to do your Halloween windows and how many hours. Now divide what you think the square feet of window space you will be doing by the square feet of windows you did for Halloween and multiply your paint costs and time by that number. The cost per labor hour is up to you but don't go cheap. If you don't get the job because he thinks you are too expensive that is his problem.

Nessa said...

You'll do great! I love the pics that you draw on your own windows...I just don't know where you find the time...I would have to duct tape the kids to the floor or something!...now, there's a good idea...:)

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

You can do it have some confidence in yourself and go for it, remember your blessing and go forth to fulfill it/. E

Ali said...

I don't have advice, but good luck. You will do a great job.

Jane said...

Just charge enough to pay for supplies plus at least $10/hr. Many people will see it and hopefully you will get more referrals.

Amberly Evans said...

That's awesome Heather!! Go for it and enjoy using your talents.