Sunday, March 21, 2010

Can I breathe now?


Well, we went over to our friends house last night for a BBQ and BYU game watching party. Jake peed his pants there twice. I was disappointed, but come on, He was in a new environment playing with friends. Even with my pants inspections, he still didn't make it. The second accident I think happened because he came to get me instead of just going into the bathroom right next to where he was playing. Anyway, He still hasn't wet the bed at night...but I'm not sure that isn't a fluke yet. He also HASN'T PEED HIS PANTS ONCE TODAY! He has been pretty sick and lethargic so I was surprised. I would ask him if he had dry pants and he would say yes, but most of his day was spent laying on the floor whining or me holding him. He didn't talk much didn't eat much, but when the time came, he "ran to the potty fast." So, maybe he CAN wear the same undies and pair of pants all day long. He has today anyway. I'm proud of him for choosing to be a big boy and have dry pants. Believe me...it IS a choice.

5 comments:

Nessa said...

Congrats to Jake and Congrats to you! I think us moms deserve some acknowledgement when our kids get potty trained...it is WORK and constant WORRY until they get it figured out. So we'll keep our fingers crossed for you!

Micah said...

Yeah Jakey! (Yeah Heather!). Dry pants are a thing of beauty.

Jane said...

Keep up the good work, it is not over yet. Let me know when Jakey is ready for the icecream.

Amber said...

Way to go Jakey! Training really does take a lot of time. I always think "man, this is worse than diapers...well almost!" Mack was really interested and did great for about 3 weeks with slight prompting...then I got busy and he's decided that poop is great in the potty but pee is not. Ahh. I'll have to read your recommended book.

katester said...

It took several months but sienna is now fully potty trained. She aced "peepee" training after a week and finally is now pooping on the potty. It does take a lot out of you. Good job Jake! and mom!