Friday, August 26, 2011

Busy August

Whew. I have been so busy this month and it has slipped past me so fast. Randy's parents came to visit on their way back to Minnesota on the 3rd of August. They dropped off our niece Cenneidigh who is 11 years old. She stayed with us helping take care of lily, and playing with the boys while waiting for her parents to arrive in a couple of weeks. Then, about a week after she arrived, Randy's sisters Paige and Amanda came to stay. Amanda stayed for the weekend and then headed to Boise where she will be going to grad school. Paige hung out and helped take care of the kids while Randy and I attended Education Week for a couple of days (It was AWESOME!). My sister Michelle also helped watch my kids. Thank you to both of you! Also thank you to my cousin Nate and his wife Stephanie for letting us crash at their house so we didn't have to drive far to get to BYU. Stephanie has to be the BEST hostess ever! I wish we could have spent more time with them.

On the 19Th, Lisa, Randy's oldest sister (Cenneidigh's mom) came with her husband and their other 4 kids to stay with us. Their oldest son Gunnar is going to be going to BYU so they were dropping him off at college. Yep, we had 8 extra people staying at our house. I didn't know how it was possible, but somehow we made it work squeezing 13 people into our tiny house. It was fun to have them. It is interesting to see the dynamics of a family with mostly teenagers compared to my little family. Mine aren't going to grow up are they?

On the 23rd, Tyler started school. He is in the second grade. I'm a bad mom, well, (preoccupied mom anyway) because I didn't take any photos of the occasion. Paige flew back to Missouri on the 23rd as well and Lisa's family left on morning of the 25Th. Jacob also started pre-school on the 25Th and I did take photos, so I will post them later.

So that is our August in a nutshell. Yes, it was busy, but it was also a lot of fun. My favorite thing was sitting around the table chatting with my sister-in-laws. They are each so different, but I like them all. I can say that when Paige and Amanda were visiting, we found ourselves still in our pajamas by noon because we didn't stop talking long enough to actually get ready for the day. Lisa had things planned for most of the days they were here. the boys went hiking on Mt. timpanogos, we attended the service day at the church and quilted and made scarves, we went to the Hollywood connection and enjoyed skating, roller coasters, mini golf, etc. It was a lot of fun to have them around. I loved sitting on Sunday afternoon talking with Randy, Lisa and David in the yard. That is, until I found out that Jacob had been watching Lord of the Rings with all the older kids and was terrified of what he saw. Poor thing. I also LOVED playing Boggle with Lisa and David. They are freaking awesome and kick my butt, but I still had a good time. I sure hope that they come again to stay. We had some great times. If I were to describe it in one word I would say it was "balls." :)

Oh, for those of you wondering, I am feeling a little bit better lately. I'm still sick, but I have longer bouts without feeling so awful. It was nice to have visitors to do the chores that set me into dry heaving fits. Such as dishes, and dirty diapers. You guys are the best!!

3 comments:

Nessa said...

Busy, busy, busy! Hang in there...it only gets worse! :)

Unknown said...

We had so much fun even with all the late nights and loss of sleep. Thanks for having us and I loved the game nights and the sweet giggles to wake me up everyday...your kids are so cute. Thanks for putting up with all of us and the craziness.

Stephanie said...

We had so much fun chatting with you guys! Come back soon!!