Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Dam

on December 20th we left our own little frozen tundra and headed to Arizona for Christmas.
 These are photos taken at our house before we left.

I have to admit that I may sort of  have a little bit of a height problem. That is, I have a fear of them. Well, not so much a fear of heights so much as a fear of falling. And it isn't so much a fear of myself falling as it is of this image I have in my head of one of my children leaping from my arms into an open abyss flailing and screaming as they fall to their death. Yep, it is an ongoing regular day-mare I have. 
 That being said, On our way to Arizona, we stopped to check out the Hoover Dam. It was, needless to say, extremely intense and traumatic for me.
I may have, uh...cried as my sweet family stood just inches away from instant death. Randy asked me to take some photos. I kind of freaked out when he took the baby from my safe distance from death only to stand at the edge and have the family smile for a "before" picture of the horrible accident that was (in my mind) sure to take place at any moment.  I mean, look how short those walls are! FYI There have not been any cases of accidental falls at the dam, but there have been a few suicides.
my boys
I wouldn't budge from this spot and I think I bruised my sweet baby from holding her so tight.Not funny to me. Hilarious to Randy.
Holding Jake close. Yes, I'm still crying.

We took the boring, Oh I mean, AWESOME tour of the dam.
The kids did think it was pretty fun and Randy found it quite interesting as well. I preferred the underground to the top of the dam.

Lily had been throwing up every couple of hours. (Isn't that the case in a family of 6? someone is always sick it seems). She stayed in the stroller with her "throw up bags" handy.


Yep, still not fun the second time around.

AHHHH! this image will be in my nightmares!
I'm honestly hoping will all I have that I will never have to visit the Hoover Dam aka the scariest place on earth ever again. I was glad to get going on the rest of our road trip. Maybe I should have had Randy write this post, I'm sure that his post would have been the total opposite of mine. Full of fun dam facts, full of dam jokes (you know what I mean) and a hilarious story about his irrational wife Heather and the dam crazy funny panic attack she had at the top.

No comments: