Sunday, October 12, 2008

Awkward moments... to fun memories


from left to right: Me, Whitney C, Katie, Alecia and Whitney F

I had a girls night with my old college roommates on Friday. I haven't seen or talked to most of them for six years, so it was a little awkward for the first little while. you know, like when you see someone from high school while you are at the store and you pretend you don't see them when it is obvious you both saw each other. It is just weird. But, I couldn't pretend I didn't see them b/c they knew I was coming. :) It was fun going back in time though and remembering the silly things we did when we were 18/19 years old. It was fun to catch up on where their lives have gone in the past few years. all of us are married except Whitney Fowler and Two of us have had a child. I am the only one with multiple kids though. Very interesting. Anyway, I had fun getting out of the house and going to dinner with the girls. I hope to do it again soon.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You go girl!

katester said...

Yes, we definitely need to hang out more often. Let me know if you are still up for the Scarecrow festival this weekend. I guess it is $30.00 for the entire family so not bad for a fun family outing.

Michelle said...

Yes, I glad I'm not the only one who hides from people in stores. Jared on the other hand has no problem getting the attention of someone he hasn't seen for 10 years or more, half the time he doesn't even remember their names. It is soooooo embarrassing.

What a fun night, the only college roommates I had were my little sister and Jared.