Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Baby News!


Our sweet baby's profile!

We had our ultrasound today yeah! To our dismay, our little cheeto wasn't cooperating though. We got to see everything, the brain, heart, limbs etc. but every time we tried to look in between it's legs it would show us nothing! That's right, the baby's legs were crossed nearly the whole time. I was about ready to die! Seriously it was so very frustrating to want to know the sex of the baby and to have it lay there with it's legs crossed mocking you mercilessly. When the ultrasound tech was done, she said "well, every time I push on it to try and make it move, it's legs cross even tighter. But maybe when the doctor comes in to take his look, the baby will move so he can see what the sex is."

While we were waiting, (which took at least 20 min) I pushed on my belly hoping to get the baby to move around so we would be able see what it's goodies were. Luckily it worked, because when the Doc came in, the baby was moving all around! He said that it was a GIRL! I was so excited. I asked him how sure he was and he said "80-90% sure" and then right after said "yep, it's a girl." he showed us on the ultrasound, but I gotta be honest, I had no idea what he was looking at. I'm used to spread eagle boys with their privates hanging very obviously in ultrasounds. this one had what? two lines or something? Anyway, so that is our GREAT NEWS! WE ARE OFFICIALLY HAVING A GIRL! let the good times begin.


This is the view of the crossed legs that got me so frustrated.


this is a picture of her hand and arm


this is her whole body, it is hard to see, but that is her skull on the left and her foot and leg on the right.

This is the picture that shows it's a girl. it is the two tiny light lines on your left. yeah, I know, I don't see it either. but it's there!

Sorry the pictures are so blurry. I couldn't wait for Randy to scan them tomorrow at work, so I took photos of the photos with my camera. Not the best way to do it, but I wanted to blog it!

8 comments:

Cormorant said...

Yay! Congrats, Heather! We're so happy for you!

H. Wimmer said...

I'm so excited for you guys and I'm excited my little girl will have a little girl cousin to play with the same age.

Unknown said...

Congrats and good luck. I would be jealous, but after having a girl of my own for 8 years now I have decided that biys are so much easier, but then boys get married and move away and girls are always there to stay. So congrats I believe everyone deserves the joy of a girl.
When you called Qatar picked it up so i did not see the caller ID so I thought you were a political call sorry I sounded kind of mean when I answered the phone. I am very happy for you and call me anytime I promise to me more polite.

Nessa said...

As a mom the first thing that I want to say is CONGRATS! It is so exciting to have a girl. Now to reality...I have three boys and one girl, and the only thing going through my mind right now is that I will pray for your soul and your sanity! :) Yep...boys may just be noise covered in dirt, but they are sooooooo much easier than girls! Good thing you started out with the two boys, I'm sure they will be excellent helpers! Oh- and a word of advice...don't buy anything pink. I was so sick of pink by the time that Claire was a month old. Everyone will buy you pink stuff...save yourself before her closets look like a Pepto Bismol factory exploded in there!!!!!!!

Michelle said...

Yeah! I'm glad your not having a dolphin (even though that would be kinda cool.

katester said...

Yup, I would say you are having a girl! I remember the ultrasounds from Sienna and that is what it looks like. I am so excited for you, that is great news. Are you seeing pink yet? Girls are so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Way to go!!! A girl is very exciting news. How does Ty feel?

TStevens said...

Looks like Randy