Friday, October 10, 2008

Tyler Says...

I haven't written a "Tyler Says" in a long time. lately, the things he says have gotten me pretty worried about him. Here are a few examples of the questions he has had for me in the last two weeks or so.

"Mom, what happens if you swallow a piece of the rug?"

"Mom, what happens if you stick something up your nose that you were playing with and you can't get it out?"

"Mom, what happens if you swallow something and now you can't yawn?"

"Mom, what happens if you swallow two rocks? a big one and a little one?"

"Mom, what happens if you eat a part of a necklace?"

"Mom. what happens if you swallow your fingernail?"

"Mom, what happens if you swallow something and you don't know what it is?"

"Mom. how many coins do you have to swallow before you go to the doctor?"

YIKES! Needless to say, we have had some pretty interesting conversations lately. As far as I can tell, he has not swallowed anything that could actually harm him, but I guess you never know. And here I thought that I had to worry about babies sticking things in their mouth! Just when I think I don't have to worry about him because he is big enough to not do stupid things, he starts asking me questions like this.

6 comments:

Nessa said...

Hey...with Cade he actually stuffed a bunch of cheerios up his nose one day. I was all set to take him to the ER, but my friend came over and taught me the crunch and blow technique. Press on the outside of the nose and crunch-up the cheerios and then have him blow...the way your conversations have been going, you just might be able to put this into practice!

Unknown said...

Wait until he just starts peeing in the middle of his room. That was the next thing my kid that put everything in his mouth did . I do perfer the calls to poison control and the trips to the ER then the cleaning of PEE off the carpet.
Good luck mine is still alive, sometime I wonder how. Of course hs was also a climber, kind of a jack of all trades that kid.

Amber said...

I think I'd take pee on the carpet over at trip to the er but hey, that's just me. Maybe Ty WANTS to go to the hospital. You should take him on a tour of one or something. But make sure to emphasize shots and pain and scariness so he won't want to go back :)

katester said...

Make randy start checking his poop. Who knows, you may just find some money or even gold. He sounds hilarious. I can't wait to meet him.

I had a lot of fun with you tonight. I will call you so we can arrange a good time to meet at Thanksgiving pointe.

H. Wimmer said...

Heather you have shown me what life is going to be like in a few years with Martin. The only thing he asks me is why I don't have a penis....One good thing with Ty asking all the questions maybe he hasn't done it yet and he is only seeing what will happen....

Clayton and Amber said...

The little stinker. Is that what I have to look forward to? I love that he asks you those questions...hopefully not after he's tried swallowing things! What a kid!