Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Dream Disruptions


I had an interesting night last night. I awoke to Randy mumbling in his sleep. He then passed gas and said "Oh, sorry... Excuse me." I was laughing so hard and then he said "well, it is what it is" and went back to sleep.
I also awoke to Jacob crying around 3:00am. He was really whining and saying "mama" So, since I had to go to the bathroom anyway, I went in his room to check on him. He was crying alright, but he was completely asleep. Then, while I was looking at him in his crib, Tyler (I guess wanting to join the rest of the boys) started singing in his sleep "...and down will come baby, cradle and all." Leave it to Tyler to top them all by SINGING in his sleep. I wonder if he was trying to calm Jacob or if he was in his own little dream world.

Do I live in a circus or what? I wonder why they all do it on the same nights. Do you think it was the grilled cheese sandwiches we had for dinner? (Yeah, I know, Fancy!) Or the position of the moon or what? Crazy.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it is so funny. Mine still all talk and walk around at night, but it seems to get less and less the older they get. My favorite is Cenneidigh yelling, "Leave me alone Zeke, or I will hit you." I went in to check and she was swing her arms around. I must admit they do torture each other most of the day, so I guess it just naturally leads to sleep time torture in her brain.
Zeke on the other hand walks more then the rest. I wake sometimes to see him staring at me, kind of scary.
Welcome to the crazy family, again.

Michelle said...

That is hilarious! You wouldn't want a quiet, boring night would you? It is interesting that they all do it on the same night though. Must be the moon, I think.

Michelle said...

Hmmm, which direction do their heads point. I've heard it's best to have you head to the east and feet to the west, and you should never put your head to the north or west. Too bad my room isn't big enough to switch, my head faces west probably the cause of my restless, nightmare sleep.

Just kidding I have no idea, I wonder what your baby is going to do in the middle of the night.

katester said...

Leave it to Randy to give you a covered wagon. hehe, that is so funny. That was quite the night you had. Tyler and I have pretty interesting nights ourselves, more me lately. It is funny.

Amber said...

Dan says it's not as good as when Randy woke you up screaming "Spiders!". That is hilarious. Maybe it's the moon. You should keep track of when it happens.

Nessa said...

Genetics...what can we do...really it can't be from you and I...we must place the blame where it belongs...ON THE FREAKY CONNETT/BREMNER GENES!

Clayton and Amber said...

Yes, you are destined to have crazy nights with three boys. Good thing you have another girl on the way to try and balance things out a bit! My nights are equally long...I'm up hearing someone...but they are rarely as funny as your experiences!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny that the heather and randy wasn't your blog. See I had your blog on my follow list when I didn't have the blog so I have been keeping up with it from the dashboard instead through my blog so I never realized that wasn't yours. But I fixed it now. Thanks for the heads up.

bug and dude said...

That is so funny how people sleep. Dave was a ghost in his sleep one night. It scared me to death.