Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tis the season!

For the past few years I have painted our windows for the holidays. I have entirely too much fun doing it. I try to involve the kids, well, Ty, but I really don't want him to mess it up. I know, it is sad, but I love to do it! This year, I did give in a little and he helped me fill in places that I trusted he couldn't mess up. Anyway, here are the photos of our Halloween windows

This is our front window by the porch
This is our front side window. You can't see the witch very well b/c of the screen though.



how they look from the front.
Oh, this is our back kitchen window. It says Boo Mortensens' because they are our backyard neighbors and they are the only people who can really see the window.

This is what we do after we have been playing outside in the cold. Aren't they cute all cuddled together!

10 comments:

katester said...

Way to go Heatho! I can't believe I forgot what a good artist you are. I am sure your boys have so much fun helping out.

Amber said...

So cool. And I can't see any mess-ups, so Ty was a good helper.
Enjoy the cold :)

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Great art work - love it! Are you getting our emails?

Michelle said...

Let me just say (once again) what a talented person you are! Are you tired of hearing it yet?
Looks great!

Michelle said...

Very, very, very, cute!

TStevens said...

Looks like Randy

Nessa said...

Seriously...you are just trying to make all us other moms look bad! Hey...what kind of paint do you use?

Heather said...

Nessa, I use tempura paint. It is the window paint most businesses use to paint their windows for the holidays and such. I just get it at Wal-Mart (of course)

Unknown said...

How hard is it to wash off? I am not a big window cleaner. I just hate to see the birds kill themselves on my clean windows, I am just for the birdies, go dirty windows.
No, not lazy, poor birds I hate picking up their lifeless bodies up from the ground around the windows.

Clayton and Amber said...

I love when you do your window painting....do you hire out? Cute picture of the boys cuddling! Love it.