Saturday, May 30, 2009

Tyler says...(With a little Jakey)

Tyler was playing with something and I asked "Tyler, what do you have?" He got a big grin on his face like he was about to share a very important secret and said "You know when I had a sleepover at Grandmas for a long time?" (When I was in DC). "Well, I just pulled this string out from my Star Wars underwear and it is sooo soft! It feels really good on my tummy and on my face!"
That's great. I have a kid rubbing an old ball of underwear string all over himself. That boy never ceases to surprise me. I did throw it away when he wasn't looking though. I know, mean mama!


Anyway, Lately Ty refuses to wear anything that isn't "Army" and by that I mean camouflage. It has to be both the shirt and the pants/shorts if possible. He is now saying everyday that when he grows up he wants to be "an Army guy." I will be very proud of him if he does choose to serve our country. Here are some pics.Ty and Jake today. They are pretending to hold shotguns if you couldn't tell.
When I asked Ty to smile for a picture, he said that "Army guys don't smile"
But I made a joke and got this out of him anyway.

Jakey says for today:
We were watching the garbage truck from our front window and Jacob shouts "Tank you darbage man fo taking dis stinky darbage! now he go to Micadonalds!" I guess he feels that the garbage man deserves McDonalds after dealing with our stinky garbage. I agree.

4 comments:

Spaz said...

The conversation I heard yesterday went like this:
Ty: Will you be proud of me if I were a Army Man.
Heather: Yes
what about a police man?
Heather: yes
Ty: What about a Cop?
Heather: Yes. I will be proud of you if your a cop too.
Ty: Are you only proud of me because I'll have a Gun?
Heather: No, I'll be proud of you no matter what you are.
Ty: Wat about a race car driver?
Heather: Yes.

I was quite proud.

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

You have good reasons to be proud - you have a beautiful family. Thanks for the two calls today. It is so much fun seeing and talking to everyone.

katester said...

Too cute I tell ya. too cute.

Steve said...

Proud of Heather for letting him be what he wants for of Tyler because 3 of his 4 career choices involves packing heat?