Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Why I hate "Early out Wednesdays"

Yesterday I was pretty sick with the stomach flu. And Today I am feeling a lot better, but I am still feeling a little lethargic. The day was going pretty well, we had breakfast, did some laundry, watched TV, cleaned up the house and had lunch. I put Jake to bed for his nap around 12:45 (a little early for him, but he should probably sleep till just before 3:00) I hung out with Ty while I tried to get Lily asleep for her nap as well. She went down about 1:00 or so. I let Ty watch TV and went to take a nap myself. Going pretty well right?
I fell asleep pretty fast and at 1:25 the doorbell rings and it is our neighbor girl who loves to play with Ty (she is 3 years older than him, but pretty much on the same intellectual level; sad for her). I know better than to ignore her because that is followed by a lot more doorbell rings and pounding knocks on the door. I tell Ty he can get the door. I can hear her from my bed and she says: "Ty, is Heather here? I really need to talk to her." Tyler tells her I am sleeping. "But I really need to ask her a question if she can babysit me right now so my mom can go to the scrapbook store; please I will be your very best friend and I will give you some candy." (Luckily she has learned not to come into the house uninvited and into my bedroom. THAT really upset me last time.) Ty comes into my room and asks me yadda yadda yadda. I say no, I am still not feeling great and I am sleeping. He comes back 2 more annoying times with questions from Morgan. I tell Ty HE can go outside and play in our yard with her if he would like to, but no more questions. So he leaves, tells her he will meet her outside while he gets his shoes on. So I think, ohhh, good now we can continue to have "nap time." I hear Tyler leave the house and not two seconds later Jacob is crying for me on the stairs. Apparently instead of just putting on his sandals, Ty thought he should go into their bedroom where Jake is sleeping, grab his socks for his shoes and wake him up before he leaves. Ahhhh! I look at the clock in the kitchen 1:30. So much for "nap time" till 3:00 like a normal day! I hate that our school has early out Wednesdays!


we have our very own Kimmy Gilbbler. yikes.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

That is the saddest story I have ever heard. There is nothing worse than thinking you are going to get a nap when you are not feeling good and you have a newborn and then not getting one because of a neighbor kid.

Nessa said...

Oh My Gosh! Kimmy Gibbler...I'd forgotten all about her! :) I hope that tomorrow goes better for you. Feel better soon!

Unknown said...

I have a Kimmy Gibler that lives near me to .. but she's 45 :0)

Shanna Blythe said...

Eeeek.