Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Halloween Party!!!

We had a change of plans this year as far as the annual adult Halloween party goes. Randy and I decided to throw our own Halloween bash this year.

We invited some friends and neighbors and had a great time. the turnout wasn't what I had hoped it would be, but we had fun nonetheless. Here are some pictures of the festivities. Of course, I will start with the food. You know me, it always starts with the food.
I made mini cupcakes:
And Eyeball cake balls
As well as spiderweb cupcakes. Don't they look yummy?
I also made chocolate covered pretzels in molds that turned out cute and very Halloween. We had rats and skeletons, fingers, bones, bats, pumpkins, spiders, etc. Very cool.
I needed something else for the table so I made this floral arrangement. Candy and black roses.

We also made seven layer dip, meatballs, and yummy slushy sprite to drink. Here is the table before the guests brought more food.

I made this for our costume. Can you guess what I was? I was the old lady who swallowed a fly. I drew this onto iron on transfer paper and ironed it onto my shirt over my baby belly.


I know, I look super old and sexy right? I have swallowed everything except for the horse. If I had, I would be dead of course.that's where Randy's costume comes in. He made an excellent horse. lol. But not everyone had heard of the old lady who swallowed a fly. I was really surprised.

Our friends Melissa and Mike. Also known as Mother earth and father time. They won our costume contest. Brittney, the old lady. The best part was that she stuffed her backside so it was HUGE.

Brittney and TysonWe played fun games including "minute to win it", the "newlywed game", and "what if"-we had prizes for each game as well as the grand prize for best costume.

Melissa playing minute to win it
Brittney playing minute to win it
Randy winning the game
Jami and I putting petroleum jelly on our noses and sticking cotton balls onto another paper plate using our noses.
Kim after playing face the cookie.I wish I had gotten more pictures of people in their costumes. I suppose I was too busy playing hostess that it just didn't occur to me.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome! I love it all and wish I could have been there. I think it's crazy people don't know The Old Lady who Swallowed a Fly- just weird! The horse is awesome, of course- and you make a great old lady. :) And the game choices look pretty fun!

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

It sounds like a great party and as long as everyone who came had fun the amount of people doesn't make a difference.

Michelle said...

The food (as always) looks amazing! I'm glad you had a great party.

Jane said...

I love the "eyeball" cake balls. Very creative. Sounds like you all had a great time.

katester said...

I love your costume and Randy's too! I just bought the book for my girls and they love the song! All your food turned out great! Glad you had fun!

Stephanie said...

You guys are such a fun couple!! Your costume is so creative and hilarious!! The food is so cute as always :-).