Saturday, January 5, 2008

Magic Helicopter Gun!

So, Last night was a little crazy! Our power went out around 7:00pm and we had a huge windstorm here in Tooele. The wind kept us awake most of the night, not to mention it was freezing with the power off. we awoke to find that most of our neighbors had some damage to their fences and some had their siding ripped off their houses. Most of us had shingles blown off our roofs although it was hard to tell because of the snow on top of everything. a bunch of power poles had snapped as well (an obvious reason why the power was out) Our power did come back on around 9:00 am, so that was about 14 hours total.

The funny thing was what Tyler told me yesterday afternoon before the wind really hit, but was still gusty.
Ty ran up to me and said "mom! mom! My helicopter gun is magic!"
me: "really? why do you say that?"
Ty: "come look!" He points outside our front window. "I just shot my helicopter gun at that darbage (garbage) can and it fell down! and then I shot that one and that one, till I shot all the garbage cans to fall down! then I shot other things and they moved too! My helicopter gun is magic mom!"

nothing like the wind to make a little boys dream come true! :)

1 comment:

Amber said...

that's awesome. I love the magic helicopter gun. kids are the greatest. and hey--it gave you a bright side to reflect on while you froze that night right?