Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Tyler Says

So I was having a discussion with Ty about sucking his thumb today. Here are some excerpts from our conversation.

Me: "How old do you think you should be before you stop sucking your thumb?"
Ty: "Well, I think that you can be three, but not four. I am four, but when I suck my thumb I think I am three. ... so that's ok!"

a little bit later..

Me: "what can YOU do to help you not suck your thumb?"
Ty: "Well, I could put a bucket or a bowl on my head!" He leaves and comes back with a big green bucket over his head. "see mom! I am not sucking my thumb!" (the slight echo made an extra nice affect I think!)

Oh my goodness! suggestions anyone?

1 comment:

Ali said...

That's funny. So how long do you think he will be sucking his thumb? If he is always three . . . it could be a while. Good luck Heather.