Friday, March 28, 2008

My Famous Brother Ben




Let's set the scene.....Ben was at his high school 4A State championship game and we were behind by two points and all of a sudden Ben was down with a hurt knee. He couldn't play the last few seconds! Who would they put in his place? All of a sudden they put ME into the game to sub for my big amazing brother. I get the ball passed to me and shoot at the buzzer from the three point line and.... Swish! I won the game for my little brother! The crowd went wild AAAAHHHHHH!
OK, so that was just a dream I had the other day, but that would have been kinda cool right? Actually, Ben never got hurt and they lost the game by just 3 points. Not quite as neat as my dream, but it was a very exciting game.
I had to put Ben on my blog sooner or later. You had to know it was coming if you know anything about the Aird family. My famous brother is so popular it is seriously unbelievable! Here is a story just to give you an idea. I was at home and a guy came to the door selling security systems. He gave me the usual pitch and then asked me where I was from. I told him Bountiful. then he says "Well, you probably don't follow high school basketball do you?" and I say "Yes I do, actually, my brother is on the Bountiful High team" he gets this look on his face ans says "It's not big Ben Aird is it?" I say yes and he freaks out saying that he couldn't believe that he would meet Ben's sister out in Tooele. It was like I was famous just for being his sister! I always wondered what it would be like to be Ben. I feel like I kind of got a glimpse when this door to door salesman got so excited to meet his sister! If only we could all take lessons on how to be so cool!
I also just found out that he has been chosen as the 4A MVP by the Deseret news and the SL Tribune! So all hail my "little" 6ft 10inch baby brother. Congratulations Boot! I hope you know you are special though with or without being a famous basketball star.

4 comments:

Dad said...

You are all just as wonderful as your famous brother!

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Don't forget the lady who knew about your SPAM party! Talk about famous!

Michelle said...

Yeah Ben! We can't wait to see what he will do next year. You know you are just as cool as Ben right?

Heather said...

nobody is as cool as ben.