Thursday, March 27, 2008

Tyler says....

Yesterday Ty and I were talking about swimming, this is how our conversation went:

Me: "Well, since you like the water, would you like to take swimming lessons? So you can learn how to swim?"
Ty: "Oh, I already know how to swim mom."
Me: "really?"
Ty: "Yeah, you just float, kick and glide!" (simple as that!)
Me:"Where did you learn that?"
Ty: "It is what ducks do mom, and they can swim really good... How do you GLIDE mom?"
Me: "Well, you....."
Ty: "Never mind, I will show you how (and he proceeds to "glide" around the house like he is on ice-skates. It looked hilarious!)

Fast learner huh. How did I get a child that came to us already knowing (or thinking he knows)how to do EVERYTHING! Sigh, at least I don't have to pay for swimming lessons right?

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I would say it's a 4-year-old thing because Will says he knows how to swim too because he can "swim" in the bath, but I've talked to Tyler before and he really does think he knows how to do everything. I'm sure that confidence will be a very good thing when he's older.

Ali said...

That is funny. I'm sure it's just like the ducks do it. Simple as that. I just can't figure out why you want to make things more complicated for him. :)

bug and dude said...

Fun blog. Maggie misses Tyler. I am glad that we finally found your blog. We just started the blogging world. Ours is bug-and-dude.blogspot.com. Sounds like all is well Hope to see you soon.

becki aird

Chelsey said...

He sounds so smart and cute. I can't believe you already have 2 little ones. That's awesome. Your blog looks great too. It's good to hear from you. (Chelsey Trowbridge Jones)