Monday, March 31, 2008

Tyler Says...


We went to McDonald's today because Randy is out of town and I wanted to give the boys a treat. Ty looked at his happy meal box and said: "Who is that?"

me: "that's um....Ronald McDonald."

Ty: "Why is that weird guy on my happy meal?"

Me: "Well, Kids like him and he helps sell kids meals."

Ty: "oh, well, if I saw this crazy weird guy at Micadonalds then I probwee wouldn't buy food from him because he is weird and scary.



I'm kinda with him on that one. I do think it is funny that he thought I meant he sells kids meals like he sells meals to kids. Anyway, I never really understood the whole Ronald McDonald thing. He really is quite weird and creepy! Can you really look at him and not think of those scary clowns in horror movies? it says on McDonald's website:



"McDonald’s mascot, Ronald McDonald is a magical and funny clown and every child’s best friend...So don’t be too surprised if you see Ronald McDonald visiting someone in the children’s ward of a hospital or hosting a birthday party at McDonald’s for one of his special friends."



I hope those poor kids in the hospital don't get too freaked out! It really is mean of Ronald to go to kids that can't run away from him if they want to! I can't get "IT" out of my head with pennywise and his creepy teeth and the red balloon. They look a little too much alike if you ask me. Yikes!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I would have to agree. He is kind of scary. Thank goodness I've never seen him in real life. Tyler is hilarious!

Michelle said...

AHHHHHHH! I'm having 5th grade nightmare flashbacks!

Unknown said...

I suppose it is a little odd to think a scary clown sells more happy meals. I'm right there with you Tyler.