Thursday, May 22, 2008

And so it goes...


You know that feeling you have in the winter when you wish it was summer and then vise versa when it is summer? Well, Luckily when you live it Utah, you don't have to even think those kind of wishes. Two days ago it was 90 degrees outside. We went to the park and as Tyler and I walked back from the bathroom he looks up at me with his sweaty little head and says "Mom, what degrees is it outside today?" I told him 90 degrees and he says "uuugghhh, well that is too many degrees to be pwaying (playing) outside." I heartily agree! Today as I write this it is literally snowing outside and I am freezing. Our house is 64 degrees inside and I am debating whether to turn on the heater again. CRAZY! I guess I shouldn't pack up our winter clothes just yet. At least thanks to Lisa...and David I have lots of options when it comes to clothes. Here is to wishing it isn't whatever it is outside.

10 comments:

Michelle said...

You took the words right out my mouth. I love the fact that we can sing "Once there was a Snowman" all year round. Good luck with the basement. We are doing the same thing, and just about to paint, handy husbands are great except when you want to have a night out, they always seem to be working on something.

Michelle said...

ps, I gave amber t my email but it looks like I still can't get on her blog. (or maybe she's trying to tell me something) anyway could you ask her for me.
email - mhardy150@juno.com

Heather said...

Michelle,
I like having a handy husband too. I will tell amber for you. I haven't had any trouble getting to read her blog.

Shanna Blythe said...

You're just debating about turning on the heat? WOW. Mine is cranked up!!

Unknown said...

I am in agreement with Tyler. It is too hot in the summer to be outside and too cold in the winter. I guess the house is the place to play. But, this summer I am locking the doors, as soon as the kids are outside, and putting up the "Closed, come back later" sign. My neighbor had one in the car, she explained it would be great for the back door in the summer when all the kids were home and most of the parents were working. What a great idea, not just for other peoples kids, but for mine too.

Nessa said...

Hey- I'm with Lisa! Today I woke-up to rain outside and my first thought was CRAP-now the kids are going to be stuck inside with me ALL DAY LONG! Such fun!

Unknown said...

My husband is the greatest

Amber said...

oh my sick, it makes me want to puke that it is snowing up there today. we just got back from the pool. enjoy the cold. we will enjoy the hot!

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

You should complain - we had to drive through it. We had a blizzard on the way out Utah and then coming home we had rain, snow, hail, slush and high winds. Our traction control went active twice on the freeway a first. I thank the Lord for getting home.

Unknown said...

David thinks the picture he added to my blog is funny. And he is commenting under my name, remember that if it seems strange.