Thursday, May 15, 2008

My head is still spinning

Even though I have been home for five days now, I can still feel the boat rocking. Crazy! I even fell down at McDonald's on Monday afternoon when "A big wave hit me." That is the one part of the cruise I was hoping to leave behind. Sigh...oh well, I guess I'll just give the description of what we did on the ship the last four days.

OK, lets see... on Wednesday, we went to Mazatlan. We rented a van for the day for I think ten dollars a person. Mom and Dad, Amberly and Spencer, Grandma, Ali and Ben and baby Alonzo, Boot and Randy and I all squished into the van and took a tour of Mazatlan. Our Driver was nice and he spoke English pretty well. We got to see all of "old" Mazatlan and my favorite part was seeing the Cathedral. I would have taken pictures, but it made me uncomfortable to take photos while people were in there praying. It was a really neat Cathedral though. We also visited the market where all the locals shop. That was fun except when I saw the meat part of the market which was gross. Then we toured and saw all of these newer mansion type homes. that was boring. After that we went to lunch at a very pricey restaurant. Randy and I got an appetizer to share because we didn't want to spend twelve dollars a person to eat. While the rest of the family was eating, we tried to find our driver to take us to the shops so we would have time to shop and then hit the beach, but he was nowhere to be found, so we got stuck waiting for everyone and we never go to go to the beach. But while we were waiting, we found a restaurant called "Heather's Place" and that was kinda fun.

On Thursday, we went to Puerto Vallarta (which ended up being my favorite port). Randy went deep sea fishing with Dad, Dan, Ben and Ben. We, being Michelle, Robby, Mom, Ali, baby Alonzo, Amber, and baby Megan took a taxi to Nikki beach which was awesome. It was a resort on the beach with lounge chairs and shade huts set up on the sand. It is exactly what you would picture when you picture someone on the beach sipping pina colada in Mexico. We layed on the sand and swam in the waves for a few very relaxing hours when we saw a fishing boat passing us and noticed it was our boys waving at us. the boat came right up to us and Randy jumped off the boat to join us in our paradise. The rest of the boys stayed on the boat and went back to the ship. After we were thoroughly sunburned, we went back to the ship for lunch and then took another taxi out for some final shopping. we got some toys for the boys, some pirate shirts and a figurine of some dancers for me. All in all, an awesome day!

on Friday and Saturday, we recovered from all the running around for three days in Mexico. We mostly hung around lounging. We played games, I took a watercolor class, we did ballroom dancing, played ping pong, and had a shuffleboard tournament, and went to shows. Randy sang Karaoke and it was so awesome. He was a little nervous, but he was quite the performer as always. He sang "Forever in Blue Jeans" by Neil Diamond. All the girls were going crazy including me. I'll post the video when I get a chance. I also loved that every night when we went to bed, there was a new folded towel in the shape of an animal. the elephant was my favorite. I enjoyed getting dressed up for dinner and liked being with Randy and the rest of the family. It was a great trip and I will do it again in a heartbeat, although, next time I will be more prepared for the motion sickness.

Thanks Mom and Dad for giving us wonderful memories to last a lifetime!
enjoy the slide show.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I've had that same experience with boats before, and I haven't even been on a cruise. Well Heather, I'm not sure if I want to hug you or smack you. Hooray for vacations! When I worked for Marriott we got to take some fun trips but now, I think will just have to go camping for THE REST OF OUR LIVES! UHHH!

Fun stuff!

Unknown said...

My husband refuses to get on a boat, he is afraid he will throw up and so I may never get on a cruise. I was thinking that when Cenny turns 14 or 16 she and I could go together and leave all the boys at home for camping.

The Hardy's said...

it looks like your family has so much fun together! by the way i had to laugh out loud that your vacuum caught on fire...sorry!