Thursday, May 29, 2008

Tyler says...

Today I was making lunch for Ty and Jake and I asked Tyler what shape he would like his peanut butter sandwich in. He usually replies with something like two triangles, four triangles, two rectangles..etc. but today his reply really messed with me. here is our conversation:

Ty: "Mom, I want a circle face with no eyes or nose, JUST a mouth!"
Me: "Uhhhh... I can't do that, what about just a circle?"
Ty: "Well, no...I guess you can just do a dinosaur face that hops instead."
It took me about twenty minutes, but I finally got him to let me do a butterfly.
Pretty isn't it! It's too bad he knows I like to be creative with food. But sometimes I just want to make a sandwich and be done. you know?

9 comments:

Michelle said...

What is wrong with you? Can't you make a hopping dinosaur face sandwich? I make them all the time. He is hilarious. Savannah and I are laughing out loud.

The Hardy's said...

come on! just make the dinosaur! that's funny, you have quite an imaginative little guy

Heather said...

Michelle(s) If I do give the dinosaur a try, I will post the picture for sure.
I HAVE made some of the crazy things he asks for, but I guess my idea of something is different from his because he is usually disappointed. Do you think I should just give him a knife and let him make whatever he wants with his food?

Amber said...

that's a pretty crappy butterfly if you ask me. no wonder he wanted a hopping dinosaur. I can't believe you don't want to spend hours making fantastical shapes for lunch every day. you crazy mom you.

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

So it is you that makes it so difficult for us grandparent baby sitters. Tyler would request some of the most difficult requests. Now I know why!

Nessa said...

Enjoy this now...once you have four kids you start in on the phrase, "If you don't like what I make, then don't eat it!" -Sheesh, do I sound like a mom or what!

TStevens said...

Here is an example of the sandwiches we make around here.

Maybe if you were as good of a parent as we are, except for that pantless and police thing.

Sandwiches

TStevens said...

Yeah, I got the link to work. good for me.

Eileen L Bremner said...

I was cutting out ghost and hearts in his sandwitches when I was there, I should have thought of a butterfly so much easier. Grandma B