Sunday, May 18, 2008

Dave Ramsey Live Event!



For all of you who were jealous of me going on the cruise, you should also be bummed that you didn't go to the Dave Ramsey Live Event at the E-Center yesterday. It was awesome! "common sense for your dollars and cents" just makes sense you know? We went with our friends Wendy and Joe and had a fantastic time. It was from 1-6pm. Which is a way long time, but totally worth it. The tickets cost $35 a piece for the cheap seats which we had of course. We got there just over an hour early and Randy scored us some pretty good seats. I saw Dave Ramsey in person! He is one of my hero's, so this was huge for me. I had already talked to him, if you recall, on his radio show in 2005 when I screamed that Randy and I were DEBT FREE! He has also answered three of our e-mails on his radio show. He has changed our lives financially and if you haven't heard me ranting about him, you probably have not been around me for very long. It had all the aspects of a good show; it was funny, touching, motivating and educational. The show sold out, so he is fast becoming more popular in Utah. If he ever comes back, you have to go! It is so worth it. If you want more information about him, you can click on Dave Ramsey in my "favorite websites" and it will go to his homepage, or you can come over to my house for a lengthy conversation and borrow a copy of his book. Thanks Mom and Dad for watching the boys for so long, so I could go and see Dave!




The book that has changed our marriage and has given us financial freedom. Read it!

None of the pictures I took of Dave worked, so I took a picture of the screen behind him.

Joe, Wendy, me and Randy



7 comments:

Unknown said...

Not fair Not fair. I want to go so bad and he is not coming anywhere close. Lincoln NE, 5+ hours away, but it is some guy standing in for Dave and I really want to see Dave. I looked in to flights to Utah a few months ago when I heard he was going to be in Utah, but they are pretty high for this time of year. Maybe David and I will have to take a trip to Nashville and see him there. I am so glad you guys got to go and I am so jealous.

Nessa said...

I'm glad you guys had so much fun! I'm going to have to read that book. It sounds great!

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Sure glad we brought those books to you back in Cedar City.

Michelle said...

WHAT? I love Dave Ramsey! ( I guess not enough to know he was in town though) I love when I drive at night because I always listen to him in my car, I do need to buy his book though, hey maybe I'll give it to Jared for Father's Day, (but since he can't help being the guy that he is he still probably won't get the hint)
Anyway that's awesome! But seriously Heather I wasn't joking about being my next door neighbor, we could have soooo much fun together! We must have been separated at birth I think. :)

Heather said...

Michelle,
I know, Right? We would be seriously unseperable! I actually don't even know where you live right now, but I know there are a lot of houses for sale by me out in Tooele; hint hint

Unknown said...

About you comment on the Scottish Festival on my blog I say this: At least I am not a Cardboard Picture Taker Wither. That is weird!!!

Still jealous, I would have taken the cutout just as you were creating a major distraction for me. See then he could spend 1/2 his time at your house and 1/2 his time at mine.

Amber said...

Yay for the dave ramsey party. I'm so glad you got to go. And thanks for inviting us to go with you all those months ago, sorry we are losers and we moved rather than go with you :)