Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My latest project


Here is my latest project. I needed something to hang our stockings on and believe me, If you don't already have a shelf or a mantle, something like this is VERY hard to find. Making it did come with some problems though. I carbon copied a font that I liked onto the painted board and then painted the script and spent a good part of the night touching up and making it look nice. I Then put it aside to finish up the next day. Of course, the next day, while I wasn't looking, Jacob got a hold of it and colored all over it with crayon and marker. (don't ask me where he even got them). So this is what I had to deal with.
I sanded it with Randy's electric sander and it was so hard to get the marker to disappear. I got down to the wood grain, but you could still see the marker. I had to start all over with the painting and the words. but, I finally got it done (again).
When I showed Jakey the stocking holder and asked him if he liked it, he said "Color! Marker!."
I'm sure if he could reach it, he would make it much more "pretty" again. I'm glad it is done; and I don't think it turned out too bad either.

8 comments:

Michelle said...

It turned out great. Good job!

Unknown said...

Great job I love it.

bug and dude said...

You are so creative.

bug and dude said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
H. Wimmer said...

So I will pay you to make me one!!! I'm so not creative and my art consist of stick men!!!

You are so talented!!!

Heather said...

heidi,
Do you want one with scribbles or not. Because I'm sure jake would love to help.

katester said...

I would have cried my eyes out. hahah. Great job and great recovery job.

H. Wimmer said...

Jake takes after his mom he just hasn't honed his skills yet!! But I have to admit I would want one with out Jakes art work... I showed Doug and it totally love it too...