Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Stupid Tax



Okay, so now my "pregnancy brain" or lack thereof is now costing me money! Well, I guess the stitches cost me money too, but this is getting ridiculous. Yesterday morning I got the milk out of the fridge and it wasn't very cold. then I noticed that the fridge wasn't very cold and that it smelled a little bit. I called Randy and he asked me some questions and he said we should call the appliance guy to fix it. I had pulled the refrigerator out from the wall, it was plugged in, checked the dial on the fridge and it was normal. checked the freezer dial and everything looked fine to me. So I called "Mr. appliance" and they said they could come by between 11:00am and 1:00 pm. fearing I would lose some valuable meat and other products in the meantime, I went and bought some ice so I could preserve some of our food in the cooler until further notice. I got home with the ice and about 10 minutes later the appliance guy knocked on my door. he came in and looked behind the fridge and then looked in the freezer. he looked over at me, smiled and turned on the fridge. Apparently, the freezer dial was turned to "off" thereby turning off the whole unit. I couldn't believe it! So I asked the nice appliance man "how much do I owe you for coming to my house to turn on my fridge?" He looked at me apologetically and said "it is $63 for a diagnostic. "
That's just great. "I'm sure my husband will LOVE that." I said. He then proceeded to tell me "I won't put it on the paperwork, so if you don't want to tell your husband, you don't have to." He was in and out of our house in under 7 minutes. (yes, I did check the freezer dial, but I guess somehow I missed the fact that it was "off." stupid, stupid, stupid! of course I told Randy, I can't keep anything from him, I'm surprised I haven't told him his Christmas present yet)

The Good news: my fridge wasn't actually broken, The bad news: my stupid tax has come to about $70 if you include the ice I bought. BTW, if you want/need some ice, feel free to come over and get it.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

That is so very sad. I'm thinking maybe you should dye your hair blonde like me. People don't expect you to be smart when your hair is blonde. Are you going to make it to the end of this pregnancy without any major damage? I'm a little concerned. At least you didn't have to get a new fridge though.

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

No comment needed.

Unknown said...

I called the repair man on my dryer because it was turning but not hot. Well he came and the first thing he checked was the fuse box and one had been popped. He flip the fuse and the dryer worked. Stupid tax is a pain, now I always check my fuse box, who knew a gryer runs on two fuses.

Michelle said...

Again, I'm glad I'm not the only one. You'd be surprised how often I tell myself, "Oh well, you're just gonna have to pay stupid tax again."