Thursday, April 16, 2009

California Trip top 15

We did so many things and had so much fun with the Bremner family this past week that I couldn't possibly tell all the stories. Instead, I came up with my top 10 favorite memories and then it became 15. I also came up with my favorite quotes of the trip. I loved hanging out with Rick, Eileen, Lisa, Kristi, Steve, Micah, Heidi, Roxie, Paige and Amanda plus all the extended relatives even though it was because of Grandpa passing away that we could all get together.

Top 15 Memories

15- Our awesome hotel room in Reno with a flat screen TV in the bathroom

14-Hearing memories about Grandpa Connett

13-Watching the boys have an Easter egg hunt in the garden

12-playing games with everyone and yelling over each other to talk

11-the aunts giving one of my boys 2 balls and the other 1. I think they did it to mess with me because they fought over the extra one a lot!

10-Going through the mountains and white knuckling it through a snow storm. I'm glad we didn't die.

9-Lisa buying about 30 lbs of Jelly belly flops

8-Being able to see Rick and Eileen and showing Lily to them

7-Jacob looking for "monkeys" in Yosemite

6-Lisa reading her "dirty novel" out loud to her missionary parents. awesome.

5-Lisa's attitude/comments/laughter after she took some sleeping pills.

4-Having all the kids asleep in the car AT THE SAME TIME! wonderful.

3- white knuckling it in the snowstorm in the mountains and Tyler saying he has to go to the bathroom. Then, holding Randy's soda cup while Tyler peed into it. (I was glad it had ice in it so it wasn't hot in my hand. that would have totally freaked me out.) Randy was so proud of course.

2 -Having so many people to play/help with the kids. I love having so many nannies and baby holders handy. even if they did fight over Lily.

and my number 1 favorite memory- Steve spanking Kristi with the Hymn book. (don't ask)

Favorite Quotes
"When the Door Knocks!" sung to the tune of "these are a few of my favorite things" by Amanda
"This pregnancy is Heather's fault" -by Micah
"Show me your balls!" -by Me (TWSS)*
Tyler after seeing a cute picture of him and Kendall "I want that picture for my blog"
"You guys are card retards!" -by Randy
(Lisa, you said WAY too many funny things for me to remember a specific quote.)

Thanks everyone for the fun times and good memories. I hope we can get together again soon under different circumstances. I Love you all. (I will put up photos when I get the chance.)


*That's what she said

8 comments:

Amber said...

Yay for trips! And yay for not dying. We really are glad about that, b/c that would be a bummer. And yay for coming home too. It always makes me love my bed so much when I've been away from it for a few days.

katester said...

Glad you had so much fun with your family.

Ali said...

I like the quote, "this pregnancy is Heather's fault." I'm assuming he meant that she wanted to have a cute little baby like Lily, but that's still funny. I'm glad you guys had a good time.

Unknown said...

It was really fun even with the tears. I'm glad you brought the kids. Now take good care of Lily I will want her back when shes sleeping through the night. It's not a DIRTY novel its romance(kissing is as heavy as it gets.)

Michelle said...

Sounds like fun! I can't wait to hear more details. . .

TStevens said...

kissing her whispering eye!

TStevens said...

We all know the real number one, so just say it:

David and the kids were not able to attend and Lisa came by herself.

Stephanie said...

I'm so glad you guys had a fun trip. It was so fun to meet little Lily. She is adorable! We are so happy to have you as our new "blog stalker" lol. Yes, you can put a link to our blog on yours. I like your background!