Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Tyler Says

Tyler runs into my room early this morning and jumps onto my bed. He looks at me very seriously and says "mom, wook in my mouf" (look in my mouth) and opens so wide a dentist would be proud. Since I have absolutely no idea what I am looking for I say "wow, it...uh looks good Ty." He then goes on to tell me he had a dream about a very very sharp turkey that was in his mouth. (That's right, a "sharp turkey") I say "that is an interesting dream Ty." and he says "No mom! There has to be sumping (something) wrong in there because it was Weewee (really) sharp! Wike (like) I knife mom!" I tell him that it looks fine. Finally he says with a sigh: "Well, I fink (think) I need some hot chocolate for breakfast because of the sharp turkey that was in my mouf that isn't there anymore" I don't normally let him have chocolate for breakfast (hot or otherwise), so do you think that he started out wanting the chocolate and made some crazy dream up so he could get it? Or was the dream so alarming to him that he needed some chocolate to soothe him?

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I don't know. Most kids are pretty creative when they are trying to get something they can't have, but I'm going to say that even Ty probably wouldn't come up with a very very sharp turkey dream. I'm thinking it was probably real. Very funny though.

Jess said...

What a fabulous trick. I wish I would have known about it long ago. And if it wasn't a trick, I wish I could have seen the dream!