Thursday, February 7, 2008

Tyler Says

Today Randy's sister is visiting from Ohio with her family while her husband interviews for a job at BYU. So of course I want both my children to look extra cute since we don't see Kristi often. I put out the clothes I wanted Ty to wear and they were quickly vetoed. He really wanted to wear his jeans with the giant hole in one knee. I said to him "boy Ty, I think you are getting really big" and of course he stood a little taller. Proud of his growing body. I then asked him to see if he was big enough to wear a certain pair of tan pants that have yet to fit him. He sighed loudly and said he was bigger, but the pants probwee (probably) don't fit; but still agreed. He put on the tan pants, but much to my dismay they were too large for his skinny little boy body. I thought maybe if I pulled them up higher they would be the right length and he could wear a belt. So I pulled them up pretty high and I stood back to survey the pants situation. As I stood back looking at him, he looks down at himself and looks back up at me and says "Great! I look like humpty-dumpty!"

Needless to say I had to give in and he wore the pants with the giant hole! After all, nobody wants to look like humpty-dumpty!

4 comments:

Tina Sims Gifford said...

personally, I think Humpty-Dumpty is sexy!

Anonymous said...

Go Ty! Humpty-Dumpty rules!!

Heather your blog always makes me laugh out loud. Oh....and Brandon and I are totally running on empty when it comes to the Bremner tank. I'll be giving you a call soon.

Cormorant said...

Ha ha! Such a smarty-pants...literally! I love it.

Ali said...

That made me laugh out loud. Where does he come up with this stuff?!? I love it!