Saturday, November 29, 2008

"Flipping" Finger

Well, everyone has been asking how my finger is doing and I guess I will give an update on my pathetic injury. I got the stitches removed last Friday evening and it looked pretty good.

Here are photos of the stitches the day I had them removed




Pretty cool right? Here is how it looked after the stitches were removed.

It looks like it is healing nicely. But, much to my dismay, the morning after I had the stitches removed, my finger split open again! yeah, I know, it is me, so it figures! Why would I be surprised anyway? Well, I did NOT go get more stitches (mostly because when they numbed it, it hurt like heck) I have opted instead to put butterfly strips on it and wrap it very carefully. I don't have any recent photos and I don't want to take off the bandage to take a picture. But It looks a lot like the pictures I took right after the stitches were out. Except now, the top of the finger is bruised as all can be because I keep knocking it on things and my boys seem to think it has a giant target on it. I have never hit my finger so many times in my life. It hurts so bad all the time. Maybe if I was more careful with it though, it could heal faster. Then again, if I was more careful this wouldn't have happened in the first place. So I guess I will have to live with this flipping finger until it fully heals (however long that may be is yet to be determined).

5 comments:

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

The one thing you need to do is watch what you are doing with your fingers - you seem to have bad luck when it comes to your hands so you may want to focus more on taking care of them.

Nessa said...

Sorry to hear about the finger. Keep it covered and use a lot of neosporin/bacitracin...it WILL close eventually, I promise!

Unknown said...

Any excuse huh? No, I hope your finger is back to normal soon.

The Hardy's said...

ouch, that made my stomach flip. get well soon!

Foster said...

(brad here)

Ouch Ouch Ouch!!!

That makes Mae's little cut look... well, little.